The following illustration details the features:
C—Vehicle Data LED
D—Wireless Comm LED
|Feature||What It Does|
|Vehicle Port||Connects the INLINE™ 7 to a vehicle/engine for power and data|
|Power LED||Illuminates when the device receives power.|
|Vehicle Data LED||Illuminates when the device is receiving data from the vehicle.|
|Fault LED||Illuminates when a problem is detected.|
|USB Port||Connects the device to your PC (wired connection).
Latching USB Mini-B Connector for connection to PC host. Not used with iOS device.
|Wireless Comm LED
Blue: Bluetooth Mode
|If the device is Discoverable:
• Illuminates solid blue when connected.
• Blinks every second when not connected.
If the device is Non-Discoverable:
• Illuminates blue when connected.
• Off when not connected
|Wireless Comm LED
Access Point Mode Mini Access Point Mode:
|• Illuminates solid white when a client PC connects to the device.
• Off when no client PC is connected.
|Wireless Comm LED:
Orange: Wi-Fi—Infrastructure Mode
• Stays off when not associated with a network Access Point.
• Blinks every second when associated with an access point, but no IP address assigned.
• Illuminates solid orange when successfully assigned an IP address.
Communication Options: Wired vs Wireless
Prior to using INLINE 7, you need to decide how you want the unit to communicate with your PC.
There are three options:
- Wired, USB Connection
- Wireless, Bluetooth Connection
- Wireless, Wi-Fi Connection
For wireless connection, There are two network options:
- Mini Access Point Mode
- Infrastructure Mode
Cummins INLINE 7 Data Link Adapter has a faster processor, more robust algorithms, larger memory buffers and more sophisticated filtering than previous models while simultaneously accessing multiple vehicle data channels. INLINE 7 communicates with your PC and is designed for future capability with mobile products